Tuesday, August 28, 2007

When I awoke again...

The next time I woke up, I noticed that the car or whatever I was in had stopped. I heard a door slam and some muffled talking. After a few seconds there was a blast of light from the door to whatever I was in being opened. I was blinded for a few seconds, but soon I made out a lady staring down at me.
"Well, look who's awake," she said in a half-friendly voice. "Come on, sleepy head. You gotta get out now."
I was too dazed to disobey. I sat up, felt the buzz of blood draining from my brain and fell back down. After another attempt, I managed to half stumble, half roll out of the car. Staggering to my feet, I looked around to see where if I could figure out where I was. All around me was thin, jungle type woods. A few yards away was a small cabin. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and I was still a little drowsy from being in a horizontal position for such a long period of time. The lady, who I noticed to be tall with short black hair, must have noticed the confusion on my face.
"You're going to staying here for the next few days," she said. "More will be explained later. Right now, Bert will lead you to your room. You'll have time for a shower before lunch."
"Follow me," said a huge man with a Neanderthal face, who seemed to appear out of nowhere.
Things were still spinning around like a cyclone in my brain. Had I been in my right mind, I probably would have demanded to know what was going on. For now, the words shower and lunch were all that I heard. I followed Bert into the cabin.

No comments: