Monday, February 4, 2008

When I heard him mention that we were going to a resort, I assumed that we would be end up at the Halekuni Resort. I didn't want to say anything, though, since I hadn't told Chris about the paper that I found, and I didn't know how to explain it to him. He would probably ask me why I hadn't told him about it, and what else I knew that I hadn't told him. His friendship had really helped me out so far, and I didn't want him to be suspicious of me. So I kept quiet.
We got into the small airplane. I sat in the copilot's seat, but was told not to touch anything. Chris was able to fly the plane himself, and soon we were flying over the ocean. I remembered that Hawaii was made of several different islands, and I figured that we were going to one of them. That's when I realized that we couldn't be going to the Halekuni Resort. The Halekuni was near Honolulu, and we'd just left from there. I turned to Chris.
"Where did you say we were going?" I asked.
"A small resort on the Kauai Island," he said, "in a town called Kapaa. It's come to my attention that there's going to be a meeting of different enemy agents that will take place in a hotel somewhere in the Hawaiian Islands, and there's been rumors of some activity in Kapaa, so I'm going to check it out."
The rest of the flight was spent in relative silence. Chris seemed to be preoccupied by the plane, and I was thinking furiously. I hardly even noticed the plane landing. We touched down in a field very similar to the one we had taken off from. We got out and were greeted by two people. One was a man, probably around 60 years old, and the other was a lady who looked to be in her early twenties. Chris shook hands with them and they all greeted each other like they were old friends. The lady turned to me.
"And who is this?" she asked.
"Oh, this is Sam," Chris said. "Sam, this is Jade Nikia."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plot twiiiiist!
Keep up the good work my man, lovin' it!

Drina246 said...

Hey, just curious: is Kauai a real island?

Sam said...

Yes, Kauai is a real island, and Kapaa is a real town.
I did my research. =D