Saturday, February 16, 2008

We split up into two cars. Jade and the other guy were in one and Chris and I were in another. I was slightly disappointed with this arrangement, as I was hoping to get to talk with someone other than Chris. It had been a while since I had really talked with somebody. It seemed Chris couldn't talk about anything for very long. But since he was the only person near me at the time, I decided to try and start a conversation.
"So. Who exactly is Jade Nikia?"
"Just a colleague of mine," was all he said.
A few seconds passed. I decided to ask him something I'd been meaning to ask him for a long time.
"What's that memory chip that you made for, and how did it end up with me?"
"Well," he said, "the chip itself holds coded information. Very valuable information that I stumbled across. I gave the chip to a couple of our agents who were supposed to hold it for us. They were supposed to find an obscure location and hide. Well, they somehow found out what was on the chip and decided to get rid of it and disappear.
"Fortunately, they contacted me first. I gave them directions with what to do with the chip. They were to leave it with another agent that would take their place. From what I can figure, they got confused and left it in the wrong house. Either that or they didn't receive my directions and decided to just leave it wherever.
"Anyway, as soon as I found out that it was missing, I enabled the tracking device. I was about to come get it when I found out you were taken by the enemy."
It seemed like a logical explanation, but I felt like there was something he wasn't telling me.
Oh, well, I thought. I'll think about it later. It looks like we're getting close to a town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey iamsam...........I'm liking the story but feeling a bit in the dark still. My character is a bit mysterious. Cheers though, it's cool. catch you later.

Jade Nikia