Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On My Own Again

When I woke up it was just getting light. I took a moment to remember all that had happened and decide what to do next. I laid there for a while listening. I didn't hear anyone, so I slowly crawled out from under the piece of roof. I brushed myself off some and started to look around.
The warehouse was completely gone. It had been reduced to a heap of rubble. I didn't see any sign of people, living or dead. I began walking up a hill to where the van that we came here in had been parked. The van was gone.
I walked back to the pile of junk that used to be the warehouse. Having nothing better to do, I began to search through some of the debris for anything that might be useful. After a while of pulling and digging I found a black briefcase. Inside were several documents. Most of them I couldn't understand, but one of them was just a lot of information about a hotel in Honolulu. About that time I heard a car approaching. I shoved the paper in my pocket and hid behind some rubble. Soon a large truck pulled up a few feet in front of me. I could see hear the door open and close, and I heard someone walking around, searching through the piles of junk. After a few minutes, the car door opened and closed again. The truck started and started to drive away. I peeked out from my hiding place. Just as the truck had gone about thirty feet, the engine died and it lurched to a stop. After trying to start it a few times, the man got out and opened the hood. Almost without thinking, I saw my moment, ran out, and hopped into the back of the truck. I hid under a tarp that was conveniently laying in the truck. After about a minute, the car started up again and we started moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great work so far! Keep it up.

Nick (Altus from Sonlight)