Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Mission

I was driven around blindfolded for a while. When the car stopped, I was told to get out walk straight. After I had taken a few steps, I was told to stop, and someone took my blindfold off. I looked around. It was night, so I couldn't see very clearly, but I could tell that I was on a hill by some bushes. About a hundred yards in front of me there was a small warehouse. A hand grabbed my shoulder and pushed me to the ground. I turned around and saw Chris. He motioned for me to keep silent. He handed me some large night-vision binoculars and pointed towards the warehouse. I looked through the binoculars, trying to find a window or something on the warehouse. Suddenly, a door opened and a man walked out. It was Carl. He stood outside the warehouse for a few minutes, then walked back in. I turned to Chris.
"Carl," I whispered.
Chris nodded and jotted something down in a notebook. "Let's try and get closer," he whispered back.
I was a little worried. I was told that I would be kept at a safe distance from the enemy. But I didn't have much choice. I followed Chris towards the warehouse. We walked around the building until we reached a window. Chris got on one side and motioned for me to stay on the other side.
Suddenly, the stillness was broken by the sound of a huge explosion inside the warehouse. The darkness was filled with a huge flash of light, and I was thrown to the ground. I turned to see the whole warehouse engulfed in flames. I struggled to stand up and started running towards where the car was. I could feel myself starting to lose consciousness. I managed to get behind a piece of roof that had blown off the building.
Then everything went black.

No comments: