Monday, June 23, 2008

"Chris, what's going on? What am I doing here? What makes you think I'd run away?"
Chris didn't say anything. He just walked around the room, looking at the various screens and pressing buttons. After a couple minutes he started walking out of the room.
"Don't go away; I'll be right back," he said with a half smile.
As soon as he walked out I started looking around the room again. There was a table against the wall to my right. There was another door against the wall opposite me. Next to the door was the other sleeping guy. Against the wall to the left of me was a large counter covered with several computer screens and keyboards. While I was looking at the screens, one of them started blinking. It blinked a few times, then stopped. Then some words appeared on it. It said, "SAM STALL CHRIS AS LONG AS POSS." The words stayed there for a few seconds, then disappeared.
It was so strange that I hardly noticed when Chris walked back into the room.
"Alright, Sam," he said as he unlocked my handcuffs, "if you cooperate things will move much easier."
I didn't say anything.
He motioned for me to go over to the computer screens. I had already decided what to do as soon as I was free of the chair. I walked slowly a few steps, then quickly turned and tried to run out the door. It was locked.
"I told you," said Chris, "I need your help." He motioned again for me to walk accross the room.
I walked, very slowly and very carefully, to where he was pointing, keeping my eye on Chris the whole time.
"Now put your hand on that panel and leave it there for a few moments."
He was pointing to a small scanner on the counter. I started lifting my hand towards it, unsure of what to do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing...is Chris good or bad? who wrote the note on the computer? ah. once again, you leave me guessing,Sam...keep it up...
Oh and the picture up top is very awesome! :D
-a.k-

Firieth said...

I haven't had the time yet to read all this, but the entries on the first page are quite interesting. I like it. :)