Saturday, May 31, 2008

I woke up in a very dark room. I was sitting on the floor, my feet and hands tied up. A few feet in front of me I could see the outline of a door. Other than that, I couldn't see anything. For a few minutes I tried wriggling out of the ropes around my wrists, but it was clear that whoever tied me knew what they were doing. There was nothing I could do but sit and wait.
After a few minutes the door opened and light flooded in. For a few seconds it was too bright for me to see anything.
"Awake now, I see," said an unfamiliar voice. "Just in time." I felt someone cut the ropes around my ankles. "Come on, stand up. We don't have all day."
My feet were numb from being tied, so it was difficult for me to keep my balance. Once I steadied myself I tried to get a good look at the man who was talking to me. Before I could see him he'd turned around and started walking out the door.
"Follow me," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me along. I tried to concentrate on where we were going. I wanted to get an idea of the layout of wherever I was, but my feet were hurting too much for me to think about anything else. After walking down several hallways we turned into a room that looked like someting out of Star Trek. There were computer screens everywhere. The man shoved me into a chair and told me to stay there. After that he quickly handcuffed me to the arm of the chair and walked out. With my hands tied and my arm stuck to the chair it was clear that I wasn't going anywhere. I looked around the room, wondering what all this stuff was for and why I'd been taken here. That's when I noticed someone else sitting in a chair against the opposite wall. He was also tied up and handcuffed, and he seemed to be sleeping. He looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't remember where I'd seen him.
Just then I heard a very familiar voice
"Hey, Sam. Nice to see you awake. Sorry about the ropes, but I can't have you running off."
It was Chris.

No comments: