Friday, April 4, 2008

I waited around for a few minutes, allowing my mind to run off in all directions. Before long I had pieced together all sorts of scenarios explaining why Chris had left so suddenly. None of them satisfied my curiosity, though, and I decided to ask Jade if she could tell me anything more about it.
I walked down to her room and knocked on the door. Nobody answered. The door was slightly open, so I pushed my head in and looked around. I didn't see anyone and I was about to leave when I noticed something on the floor inside the closet. It was a piece of paper. I normally wouldn't have been so interested, but something about this paper caught my attention. I quietly walked in and picked it up. It took me a minute to realize what it was. It was the paper that I had found in the debris from the exploding warehouse! The one about the Halekuni Resort. The one with Jade's name on it. I had had it in my pocket the day we arrived at the hotel, but I had forgotten about it by the time I changed clothes. I figured Chris must have found it and shown it to Jade. I wondered if it could've somehow been linked to Chris' mysterious disappearance. It certainly didn't look good for me to be keeping secret papers with Jade's name on them.
Suddenly I heard Jade talking to someone in the hall. I didn't have time to get out of the room, so I ducked into the closet and closed the door. Within a few seconds, Jade walked in.

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

Ahhhhh!!!!!! Why do you have to stop like that?!?!?!?!?!?!? Makes it SO intense!!!!!! Next chapter! Please!!!! [you're awesome at this, Sam. You SO need to get this published when you're all done with it.] Less Jade finds out you were snooping in her room.....