Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chris

Before long, the taxi pulled up near a small hotel. The driver told me how much I owed him, and I tried to think up some excuse for not having any money. He certainly wouldn't believe the truth! But before I could say anything, some guy that had been standing a few feet away walked over to the taxi.
"He's with me," he said, handing the driver the money. I tried not to look surprised, as the taxi drove off.
"Thank you," I said, turning to the man. He was tall, young looking, and had very dark eyes. "Why did you do that for me?"
"Are you hungry?" he asked?
Based on what had been happening to me lately, I probably should have walked off, but the guy seemed nice enough, and I hadn't eaten for a while.
"Yes, I'm really hungry."
"Come on. I'll buy you some lunch.
He led me down the street to a small restaurant. We sat down and he ordered us both some food.
"Now," he said. "I suppose I should tell you who I am. My name's Chris, and I believe you have something that belongs to me." He held his hand out. "My memory chip."

No comments: