Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Once the real Chris was untied, Zoe started typing away at one of the keyboards. After a few seconds, she placed the memory chip into a small slot on the computer. The computer beeped some, and some numbers flashed across the screen. Then it went silent.
We waited for a little while. Finally, Zoe started typing again, rather frustrated.
"It's not reading the chip," she said. "I don't understand it. The data isn't corrupted or anything, it's just blank."
She kept trying things for several minutes. I looked down at the desk and saw the scanner that the fake Chris was wanting me to use. I looked down at my right hand. Just then I noticed something on my thumb. There was a small area of skin that was shinier than then rest, like it had a film over it. I rubbed it with my other fingers, but it didn't come off. I looked again at the scanner.
"Zoe, I think I know where the information is." I said. "It's on my hand."
I showed her what I had seen. She gave a quick nod and started typing some more.
"Of course," she said. "It would be too easy to get if it was on the chip itself. They put it on a film on the outside of the chip, so when someone touched it the data would transfer onto their hand! Alright, put your hand on the scanner."
As soon as I did, the scanner lit up and more numbers flashed across the screen.
Zoe let out a sigh of relief. She put a disk into the computer and transfered the data onto it.
"Yep, that should do it," she said.


Within a few days, I was sitting in an airplane ready to head back home. Everything had happened rather quickly after that last day. I had said goodbye to Zoe and was quickly transported to a base where they kept me until they'd arranged for me to be flown back home.
It was going to be a long trip, and as soon as I got into the plane I started writing this down. This is to let everyone know where I've been the last couple weeks. Despite common belief, I was not at camp. Anybody who says they saw me there have been paid to say that. I did not just write this to win the "My Cool Summer" contest our newspaper is having, though I'll definitely enter it.
Well, I'm about to land so I guess I'll stop here. Have a great day everyone!

P.S. Yes I do know the data that was on the chip, but that knowledge could destroy the world if it got in the wrong hands, so don't ask.

No comments: